1 Peter 3:3-4

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewellery or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. - 1 Peter 3:3,4

Monday, August 19, 2013

Loving God - Part Two

Continuing on from Loving God - Part One... 

How can we show God we love Him? What can we do every day? 
Taleisha: For me I LOVE to sing. The way I can best connect and feel God is through worshiping Him with music. It's common for me to grab the guitar and just sing praise and worship songs in my room. Because I love playing the guitar and singing, and I love God, it's a blessing to me and gives me an amazing feeling when I can sing my love to God through something else that I love. I've written songs for God, it's my way of explaining to Him how grateful I am, with lyrics from the heart and words of gratitude. Find something you love and are passionate about, use your talents to glorify Him! If you like to draw or paint, draw or paint something for God! If you like to dance, dance for God! If you like to sing, sing for God! Using the talents He's given you to worship Him. Show Him you love Him in the small things like reading your Bible and spending time in His presence. Soak up His love, be filled with it and then spread it with others with your overflowing joy! Think of the things you like to do and find ways to turn it around so the glory goes to your Father in Heaven. 


Meggie: I find when I spend unscheduled time with God just because I feel like it, I grow closer to Him. Kind of like when two lovers just meet up because they want to. They don't necessarily want to do anything, or talk about anything, but just be with each other and enjoy each others company. 
I heard of a girl once, who on Valentines Day, set up two chairs and a table, and set it all up with flowers, wine glasses, and candles. And she had a date with God. As weird as that sounds, I think sometimes just hanging with God brings me so much closer to Him!


What are some ways we can worship God? 
People have different love languages, which means there is no specific way to worship Him. We are able to use our love language to love God. 
- We can love Him in our actions by doing things that honour Him. Like; helping someone when they fall, making something for someone, feeding the homeless and clothing the naked (Matthew 25:35). 
- We can praise him with our words by singing to Him, we can share the Gospel and tell others about Christ and his love (Psalm 9:1). Even prayer is a form of worship! 
- Music is another way we can worship God. Words don't even have to be sung. If you play an instrument, playing songs that uplift the name of God. 
- Reading your Bible and spending time with God shows Him that you want to be with Him! 
- Tithing is a way to give back to God and show Him you're grateful, you can bless Him too. 
- Serving others and putting their needs above your own is another way you can honour God and worship Him. 
- Our lives are a gift and if we dedicate them to God and His will, God can use us in remarkable ways. Living a life of purpose is pleasing to God! 

"God’s unfailing love for us is an objective fact affirmed over and over in the Scriptures. It is true whether we believe it or not. Our doubts do not destroy God’s love, nor does our faith create it. It originates in the very nature of God, who is love, and it flows to us through our union with His beloved Son."  - Jerry Bridges 

Sadly, this concludes our Love Series, but we hope you were able to be touched, spoken to and/or helped through learning about different relationships and the ways we can love ourselves, our families, our friends, unbelievers, fellow Christians, guys and God. 

We pray that God will be with you in all of your relationships. Be blessed and love!! 

~ Taleisha & Meggie 

1 comment:

  1. Very good post girls! I have really enjoyed the series...and this is the perfect end to it! How wonderful God is! How much we ought to love Him in everything we do! I too love to sing to Him and play instruments for Him. Another thing I like to do is write love letters to Jesus, and write stories about Him. It's amazing how much we can do to love God, yet how often we do these things just for self.

    Here is a thought to think about: Eternity in His love, spent loving Him...
    What more could we possibly want?

    Thank you both for your constant encouragements :)

    ReplyDelete