1 Peter 3:3-4

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewellery or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. - 1 Peter 3:3,4

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Let Go



Sorry everyone for the late posting! Taleisha and I have both been very busy with church commitments and our studies. Thanks for your patience. We hope to get back into a schedule again sometime soon!

The past few months God has really been teaching me a lot about letting go, letting go and letting Him take control. I worry about everything I could possibly think about. Worrying so easily becomes a bad habit for me, and quickly saps me of strength and of joy. I worry about assignments, I worry about relationships, I worry, am I doing enough for God?

The worry, however, only comes into my life when I take control. I decide it is my turn to run my life, and I start to plan out my future exactly how I want it, I plan out to do lists to accomplish what I want to get done, and I dont stop to pray or even focus on God. 

God has been teaching me to dump that worry. To completely throw it out of my life, and replace it with the joy of the Lord. How do I do that? By letting God. Sacrificing it all back into His worthy hands, letting God plan my future, my to do list, and my life. Letting God take the wheel. 



Dont try to do life on your own. Trust God with your life. Let go, and instead, give God control. He is faithful, and will never fail you or give up on you. 

And you know what?
He is with you, right now, just as you read this.
And He loves you.
Not with a silly 'I want something from you' love, or even 'you need to become better' kind of love, but a steadfast love that looks into your eyes and says,
'right now, just as you are, you are beautiful and I love you'.
God loves all of you!


~ Meggie


1 comment: