1 Peter 3:3-4

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewellery or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. - 1 Peter 3:3,4

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Give It To God

Hi all!!
Huge apologies for the last 6 months. It has been an incredibly busy six months for Meggie and I!
I had something on my heart recently and wanted to share it.

I've been struggling with some things lately and feel like Satan is tempting me everywhere I look. Why do I find myself sinning and lacking the strength to resist? I believe in God and know Jesus overcame sin, so if I believe in them then I should be able to overcome it too, right? Wrong.

I've learned the hard way that it's not enough to just believe God is real. There's more to it. To be truly Christ-like I need to be actively trying, day-in and day-out, to be more like Him. I need to be reading His Word so He can speak to me and make me stronger and wiser. I need to be praying regularly so I can communicate with Him and give him my problems. I need to be spending time in His presence so I can hear Him and His direction over my life. I need to be an example of Jesus so I can show Him to those that don't know Him. I need to be worshipping Him and giving Him the praise and glory He deserves.

In the business of the last six months I've found less and less time to give God. I can't just go about my day not recognising God and expect to have the strength that comes from Him when temptation strikes. Our relationship with God needs to be purposeful. It's extremely difficult to have a relationship with someone if you don't communicate, love and serve each other. So if I'm not doing that, I don't have any spiritual strength to get me through tough situations because I haven't been filling myself with God's Word, wisdom or unconditional love. I can't be staying put where I am in my busy life right now, doing the same thing and expecting different outcomes when I am tempted. God wants to live in close communion with me and with you. He loves us so much that He gave a way to be free of sin when He sent His Son (John 3:16).

A side affect of sinning is the self worthlessness and shame that follows. We feel like we don't deserve His love, like we have let Him down, like we are failures that cannot be forgiven and therefore rob ourselves of the gift He freely offers to us. When we sin, we fall short of what God wants and plans for us. We are sinner's, we are going to sin, but we can't use that as an excuse for our actions. If you love someone, especially The One, don't you want to do all that you can to make them feel loved and important, like they actually mean something to you? I know I do, and that means my actions, thoughts and heart need to change, now!

God has an amazing plan for us, and He wants us to fulfill those plans (Jeremiah 29:11). Don't sit in your shame, ask for forgiveness and it will be granted to you. Don't put a wall up between you and God. Let His hand be on your life and follow Him to the best of your ability. By always reaching out to God in our weakness and listening to His wisdom, He becomes our strength, the only Strength we will ever need to overcome anything the world and Satan try to through at us. In order to do that we need to be diligent Christians, actively seeking Him and being obedient to our Father. We will never be deserving of what He did for us, but we can say "Yes" to the gift He offers us through Christ Jesus.

Cast your burdens to God, ask for forgiveness and embrace the amazing plan He has for you.

Be blessed lovely readers!!
~ Taleisha 

1 comment:

  1. Aww! So nice to see a new post from you girls again! Thanks for this post, Taleisha--so true! :)

    And, Meggie, we must talk again soon! I miss you like CRAZY!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete