1 Peter 3:3-4

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewellery or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. - 1 Peter 3:3,4

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Quality Time, Quality God

Sorry for the inconsistency in our posts lately. As we have come into the new year we have been getting back into routines. I trust you all had a fantastic Christmas!

My new years resolution is to draw nearer to God. As hard as I tried last year, I found I always had something else that I needed to do first. Meggie gave me a daily devotional book for Christmas called Jesus Is Calling, and it has been a fantastic first step to getting closer to God. It is so important that we spend time with Him on a regular basis. He created us, gave us life, family and friends, shelter, clothes and so much more. He's our Father and as His children we need to be spending time in His presence talking and communicating with Him.

Yesterday my family was discussing that we all get so caught up in our list of things to do that we say, "I  just need to get this done, then I will read my Bible." But from experience I can tell you that it gets difficult with new worries captivating your mind and demanding your time. Quite often we can talk ourselves into just doing it twice as long the next day - and the cycle continues.

"Time spent on God is time well spent."

What can you think of that is more important then God? How do you justify putting God aside because you were busy? No matter what the excuse, God is, or at least should be, Number One.

If we prioritise correctly and let God direct our lives, if we spend time with Him before our days become busy, everything else will fall into place. He doesn't deserve to be pushed to second best. So today I encourage you to work out a plan to come into a closer relationship with your Father by giving Him your time. It will most likely start off as a challenge, but if you're diligent and patient, I guarantee that you will understand how the rest of your life falls into place. The peace of God will be with you and your worries and problems will become minuscule ants in your life.


"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength."
- Philippians 4:13




We can do it! Be encouraged sisters and lets tackle this together.

God bless!!

~ Taleisha 

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I know that if I dont do it first, before I get into my day, then devotions just dont happen, because when night comes, I am just to tired.

    Blessings,
    Meggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need help on this too. I tend to squish and squeeze in time here and there, but I need to give God my best time in my day, not my leftover! VERY convicting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been something I've been struggling with as well. And I had a bit of a chuckle the next day because my devotion was about spending time with God, lifting your day up to Him and that when you do He has the power to turn the rest of the days events in our favour. Be encouraged girls! When God comes first, life and it's troubles become SOOOOOO much simpler ;)

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete