1 Peter 3:3-4

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewellery or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. - 1 Peter 3:3,4

Monday, August 20, 2012

Not dry and empty, but passionate!

Pinned Image


I just had to add my two bobs worth on 'God wants you'.

Something I have been learning is that, being a Christian isnt supposed to be dry and empty. It isnt supposed to be lifeless. We are called to love God with all our hearts as the biggest commandment, and to love the people around us. We are supposed to do everything out of love.

When I read books, I dont read them because I think it will teach me something, I dont read because a friend said I should read it. When I read a book  I do it for the thrill of reading. I love stories, meeting new friends in different places and going on adventures, I read because I love it!

Instead of being dry and lifeless in my walk, why cant I do everything out of love to God? Why cant He be the only reason I get up in the morning? To read His word because I love it like David. To be generous because I want to. To pray because I have to let God know whats happening in my life.

God doesnt want us to do things just because we think we have to. He wants us to do it out of love for Him.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains,
but have not love,
I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor...but have not love,
it profits me nothing.

 - 1 Corinthians 13:2-3 NKJV (paraphrased).


~ Meggie

No comments:

Post a Comment