1 Peter 3:3-4

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewellery or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. - 1 Peter 3:3,4

Friday, November 9, 2012

Honour thy father and mother



Hello everyone!

This morning I started my new routine of waking up early to do my exercise and have my personal time with God before my family is up and the house is full of noise. I was reading Proverbs 6 and here are a few verses that caught my attention.




"My son, keep your father's command, 
And do not forsake the law of your mother. 
Bind them continually upon your heart; 
Tie them around your neck. 
When you roam, they will lead you; 
When you sleep, they will keep you; 
And when you awake, they will speak with you. 
For the commandment is a lamp, 
And the law a light..."

- Proverbs 6:20-23 (NKJV) 


I didn't fully understand what these verses meant so I looked at the footnote in my bible and it explained it for me. This is what it said: 


     "The mother is described as a teacher of her children (Proverbs 1:8). God's Word is a lamp to your  
     feet and a light to your path (Psalm 119:105). Parental commands. like the Word of God, are a lamp    
     and a light, giving wise guidance to the child's life. This analogy shows parents the importance of 
     teaching accordance to God's Word. That parents can only teach their children what they themselves 
     know and are applying in their lives is a sobering fact!" 


We won't always get along with our parents or agree with what they say or decide. But they're our parents and God has placed them in our lives to help guide us and direct us in the way God wants us to go. They are God's teachers to us and we should always be grateful for them. Everything they do is for our safety and well being. 

Today I challenge you to take a moment out of your day to make a list of things your parents have taught you or why you are thankful for them. Try and think of as many things as you possibly can! Then thank them for what they have done and sacrificed for you and then thank God. In future I hope you will treasure and understand how precious the words and counsel of your parents. They brought you into the world and played a huge role in helping shape the person you are today. And most of all the love you unconditionally and want the best for you. 

Thank you Jesus for my parents and for the constant blessing they are in my life! 

God bless everyone, 

~ Taleisha 



No comments:

Post a Comment