1 Peter 3:3-4

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewellery or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. - 1 Peter 3:3,4

Thursday, November 24, 2011

52 weeks, 52 verses


Starting on the 1st of January, Taleisha and I are going to be embarking on a quest. Perhaps not the storybook quest you are thinking of… but hopefully just as fun and testing.

We are going to, if the Lord wills it, unleash our swords, swords of Gods Word.
For every week of 2012, we are going to be memorizing one verse of scripture and revisit the verses we have already learned. Now, I don’t know about you, but I think it is more than easy to memorize a verse… a week. Memorizing the bible is something I have always known that I must do, and should get around to doing it, but I never have. There have been heaps of times were I have tried to commit to memorization, but it doesn’t come easy for me, so I am really excited about this. Just imagine, by Christmas next year, I’ll have 52 verses up my sleeve to wield. How cool is that?

So I am blowing the battle horn calling all your girls off to come and join Taleisha and I in this.
Come and join the battle.
You don’t know you can’t do it unless you try.


52 weeks, 52 verses

Starting 1st of January 2012
memorizing one verse of scripture per week of 2012
= 52 verses stored in your memory.


~ Meggie and Taleisha



http://www.livingfaithministriesintl.org/lfian.html

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun!
    I think I'll join you in this.

    ~ Chy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is neat! I'll join :D
    I'm exited! will you guys be posting the verses or will we memorize ones we choose?
    ~Laurent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laurent!

    If you go to the website, you join up via that. Yes, we get to pick our own verses, but we will definatly be posting about this in the new year!

    I dont know about you, but I am really looking forward to this!

    Blessings,
    Meggie

    ReplyDelete