1 Peter 3:3-4

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewellery or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. - 1 Peter 3:3,4

Monday, October 10, 2011

Yelling Out at the Top of Your Lungs!


O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not delay for Your own sake, my God, for Your city and Your people are called by Your name! – Daniel 9:19
My heart was almost wrenching out of me. Two girls, really great friends of mine don’t have God as their Lord, and I wanted them to know God.
Then I went out on a limb, and invited them to youth group (almost biting my fingernails the whole way!) When they didn’t give a yes (or no!) answer, I sat and prayed…and prayed…

And prayed.

Have you ever felt like you wanted something to happen, so hard, that you just couldn’t stop praying, begging God to let it happen?

Pleading isn’t just quietly asking God: “Hey, if you could I’d love to see this happen.” No, it’s when you’re at your wits end, you’ve worked out that it will take a miracle to change the situation or get the thing you want. When you want something so hard, that’s when you are down on your knees, literally screaming: ‘God come and do this!!’
We must go for a blessing, and not be satisfied till we have it, like the hunter, who is not satisfied because he has run so many miles, but is never content till he takes his prey. – Charles Spurgeon.
Crying out is the same as pleading, but is deeper. When a friend gets into trouble, when a family member is close to death, times when we just want find the nearest cliff and jump off it; times when tears come more often than eating, when from the depths of your soul you sob out- your hearts hurts.
Return, O Lord, deliver me!
Oh, save me from for Your mercies’ sake!
For in death there is no remembrance of You;
In the grave who will give You thanks?
I am weary with my groaning;
All night I make my bed swim;
I drench my couch with tears.
My eye wastes away because of grief;
It grows old because of all my enemies. – Psalm 6:4-7

Don’t hold back the tears. Tell God all; yell out at the top of your lungs what you want turned right. Cry out to God for a miracle; cry out for God to save you!
Therefore I will not restrain my mouth;
I will speak in the anguish of my spirit;
I will complain in the bitterness of my soul. – Job 7:11

That week, I pleaded with God, I argued, asked, cried out to Him. Please God, have mercy, they need you so much. If they could come to youth group, and hear Your words and experience worship, maybe then they will be saved.
Our God is a miracle-working God. That Friday Night… they came to youth group
(And I have to wonder, if it was Gods plan to use this to teach me how to cry out, because they haven’t been back to youth group since…:D )

Heart Check…

But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily to God; yes, let every one turn from his evil way and from the violence that is in his hands.
– Jonah 3:8

Be aware, that you need to come with a clean heart to God. Sin blocks prayer, so matter how hard you plead, if you are still sinning and ignoring God as He is trying to point you in the right direction, your prayer will be blocked. Listen to God, chuck Satan behind you and pray.

If I regard iniquity in my heart,
The Lord will not hear. – Psalm 66:18

Next time you pray, try crying out to God and pleading with Him for those things that pull your heart strings. Come before Him, don’t give up. And give yourself a heart check to make sure that your listening out for Gods commands and keeping sin locked up in the closet.

Have a great week! – Taleisha and Meggie




 

No comments:

Post a Comment